Fund Development Specialist
Junior Farmers’ Association of Ontario (JFAO) is looking for a driven individual to fill the position of Fund Development Specialist. JFAO is a non-profit organization that provides strong programming for Ontario’s up-and-coming rural leaders. This position may be for you if you have strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and love giving back to rural Ontario.
This position is a part-time fundraising development role with the flexibility to make your own schedule and ability to work from home. The Fund Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the JFAO board of directors in the development of partner and sponsor relationships.
Some of the duties include:
- Developing and implementing a fundraising plan that cultivates existing relationships and creates new relationships and partnerships.
- Supporting relationships and communications with existing partners and sponsors.
- Identify prospective partners and sponsors with the focus of developing relationships.
- Preparing reports and presentations of fund development activities for the board of directors.
- Creating a database of current partners and contacts.
Job Type: Part-time, Independent Contractor
Compensation: Base + Tiered Commission
- Flexible schedule.
- Work from home.
- Potential for extended contract.
- Flexible work week.
- Requires occasional participation in weekend board meetings.
- Approximately 15 hours per month.
- Contract period is August 2021 to June 2022, with opportunity for annual contract renewal in June following a performance review.
- Secondary School (preferred)
Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be proactive and highly organized.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Knowledge of rural and agriculture communities is an asset.
- Previous experience fundraising for non-profit or charity organization is an asset.
- Communications: 1 year (preferred).
Please address all applications to Elizabeth Bruce, Past President [email protected]
Junior Farmers’ Association of Ontario (JFAO) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.