JFAO is funded solely with the support of members, donors and sponsors.

Category: Community

Page 6
A story about how kindness rules
Community

Adventure awaits: UK exchange

Applying to this exchange was a bit of a step. As I won’t be around to participate in this years JFAO summer events, have to set aside work projects, and not see friends and

Permoo Perth’s new official mascot
Community

Permoo and Change

2016 has continued on with changes in Perth County and we are excited to see even more ahead. Perth JF would like to introduce “Permoo” to JFAO as Perth’s new official mascot. He began his Junior Farmer

Graydon Bowman Returns from Germany
Community

Graydon Bowman Returns from Germany

This year I was the lucky recipient of the German exchange through JFAO. I departed on June 8th and landed in Amsterdam. I thought I’d see a bit more of the countryside and took a train through Holland.

Community

Junior Farmer Delegates Visit Middlesex County (Zone 5)

When I asked Middlesex County what they did with the delegates Amy Oliver gave me great feedback, including a detailed report of the day to day activities! I’m not going to play with it much but I will share

Community

Dundas Food Drive

I’m not sure about you, but it isn’t very often that I’m going to bed hungry. If I feel the slightest bit of discomfort I go to the fridge and see what’s new to eat. Unfortunately not everybody has that kind of luxury

Carleton JF Hosts Trivia Night
Community

Carleton JF Hosts Trivia Night

The theme of the JFAO Leadership Camp last weekend was “Overcoming Adversity”, and oh boy, did we ever overcome adversity to host a fantastic trivia night at the Osgoode Legion on June 12th. Kristy-Anne Wytenburg and I have been excitedly planning this trivia night for months.

Junior Farmer Pro Painters
Community

Perth JF Paints it Green!

The Perth County Junior Farmers have a new nickname – Junior Farmer Pro Painters! Yes, it’s true we had our crew out painting the livestock shelters at the Listowel Fairgrounds and I must say, members did a pretty fine job. I can say that as the “supervisor” and official media person onsite